Economic Development (7)
Murphysboro offers many locations for your business to grow.
- Murphysboro Business and Technology Park - offers low cost building sites for small to medium sized businesses.
- Local Industrial Site - an abandoned flexible packaging plant, this complex has lots of possibilities.
- Location One website - this website allows users to search for a site which meets thier needs
Murphysboro offeres several different opportunites to assist businesses with projects to improve thier business.
- Business Revolving Loan offered by the City of Murphysboro for capital improvement projects for new or existing Murphysboro businesses. Projects in the $3,000 to $5,000 range will be considered for this loan. NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.
- Greater Egypt offers funding for larger projects
WANTED: A business to locate in a vacant industrial facility
The City of Murphysboro is actively seeking a business interested in taking over a former flexible packaging facility. The site has two buildings with an attached office complex. Interested businesses may be able to acquire the facility for minimal or no expense and tax incentives may be available to assist further.
Interested parties should contact the City of Murphysboro at 618-684-4961
Located on the northeast side of town along Illinois Route 13/127, the industrial park has 67 acres. 52 acres are currently available for new business development
|Price per Acre: $5,000
Electricity: 12.5 kV available on-site power from Ameren (CIPS)
Natural Gas: 10" main on-site Ameren
Water: 6-12" main on-site from the Kinkaid Lake Conservancy District. Provided by the City of Murphysboro
Sewer: 8" sewer main borders the Industrial Park
Additional Sites and Buildings:
Date Established: October 1991
The Illinois Enterprise Zone Act, signed into law in 1982, builds a coalition between state and local government to stimulate economic growth at the local level. This is accomplished through state and local tax incentives, regulatory relief, and improved government services to companies locating in the Enterprise Zone.
- Investment tax credits of 0.5% on machinery, equipment, and existing buildings.
- Sales tax exemption of 5% for construction materials purchased from a qualified retailer within the Enterprise Zone.
- A 5% sales tax exemption on machinery used or consumed in operation of pollution control facilities to qualifying companies
- A $500 state income tax credit for each job created (minimum of 5 jobs) for which a certified dislocated worker is hired.
- Qualifying companies locating inside the zone can be eligible for an exemption of state utility tax (5%) and the 0.10% administrative fee.
- State income tax deductions including dividend, income, interest, and contribution deductions.
- All state of Illinois business-financing programs are available to companies locating, expanding, or retaining jobs in the Enterprise Zone.
- Property tax abatement of 100% for the first five years and 50% for the second five years for commercial or industrial projects.
- Property tax abatement of 100% for the first five years and 50% for the next three years for restoration of historic properties.
- Local sales tax exemption of 1.25% for building materials purchased from a qualified retailer located within the City of Murphysboro or unincorporated areas of Jackson County.
- Waivers of building permit fees.
State and local business financing assistance programs and employee training are also available.
On behalf of the City of Murphysboro, we wish to extend to you a warm welcome. We offer you an excellent package of resources, site locations, and skilled labor to suit a variety of manufacturing options. We think you will agree that the Murphysboro Industrial Park, with its on-site utilities and easy highway access, is an excellent location for one or more small and mid-sized manufacturing plants.
Several firms already enjoy the advantages of Murphysboro's rural setting and productive labor force. We are very proud of our existing industrial community and support them any way we can. We invite you to become a member of this group. The Murphysboro Development Program has developed this industrial development profile to provide you with a detailed preview of the Murphysboro industrial advantage. I also extend an invitation to you to visit the community and examine our industrial park and other sites in person. Our community is very supportive of industrial growth, and I believe that by investing in Murphysboro, your firm will enjoy a healthy and profitable future. Thank you for your interest in Murphysboro.
The Economic Development initiatives are underway as a joint effort between the City of Murphysboro and the Murphysboro Chamber of Commerce. For more information contact our economic development team.