WHEN: Thursday, September 13, 2012 - 8:15PM
WHERE: Appletime Stage
Sponsored by Penn Aluminum International.
Sharpen-up your favorite paring knife and let the duels begin!! The Murphysboro Apple Festival International Apple Peeling Contest is a true test of speed and agility. Whether you go for the most apples peeled or the longest peel; it's always fun.
2012 RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Contest will be held Thursday, September 13, 2012, at the Appletime Stage – 8:15 p.m.
- Contest is open to all adults 18 years of age and older.
- Entry fee is $3.00 per participant.
- Each participant will bring his or her own paring knife. No special knives allowed.
- Apple Peeling Contest is a team event. Each team consists of 2 members.
- Winning team will be determined by the longest amount of apple peelings in inches, peeled in three minutes.
- No peelings less than six inches will be counted.
- An additional award will be given to the individual with the longest continuous peel.
- Judging will be conducted by the firm of Clarke CPA & Consulting. The judges’ decisions will be final.
- The winning team will receive $25 and a trophy.
- The individual with the longest continuous peel will receive $50 and the Jack Brundage trophy.
- Teams must consist of 2 individuals.
All entries must be received no later than 4:00PM Monday, September 10, 2012.
No late entries will be accepted.